Often times when someone gets in a car accident, they don’t go to the doctor right away. They think the injury will heal by itself, or they are afraid of high medical costs. This is a big mistake, because by waiting to go to the doctor it becomes harder to prove that your injuries are truly the result of your accident. The insurance companies will say “How do we know you didn’t get hurt between your accident and the time you went to the doctor?” You need to be able to show the insurance companies involved that you were injured by your accident. If what happened was not your fault, the other party’s liability coverage should cover your bills.

Depending on what state you live in, you may be able to appeal to your own insurance company because you have personal injury protection coverage. In this case you would not have to wait for both insurance companies to communicate; you could talk to your agent directly. Review your insurance policy to see if you have the following coverage, because you can seek payment from these as well: – General health insurance – Medical payments coverage – Uninsured motorists coverage (if it was a hit & run the other driver is uninsured) You will encounter a great deal of resistance when you try to get reimbursed for the bills you have incurred because of your accident. Insurance companies are ultimately concerned with keeping their money, so they are in no rush to pay a dime more than they want to. They will also double check and scrutinize everything you send them. That is why it is so important to keep every scrap of paper, every document, all in one place so you can use them to help your case. Don’t throw anything out pertaining to your case.

If you still have trouble getting reimbursed for your medical expenses after turning over all your paperwork, then it is time to call a personal injury attorney. Unfortunately, dealing with insurance companies is so difficult and complicated that lawyers have become the best ones for the job. They are scrupulous and know how to get a high payout for their clients. You may not know this, but an experienced attorney can also get your compensation for more general damages, such as pain & suffering and mental anguish. What falls under these categories? One example is that if you lost your eyesight or you have become depressed because of the accident you were in.

The right attorney can get you damages for this in addition to the amount for your doctor bills. All you need to do now is pick up the phone and call the Salazar Law Firm at 281-857-6770 to discuss your personal injury case. If you have been injured because of another person’s negligence, there is no reason you should have to shoulder the burden alone. We will happily give you a free consultation so that you can begin the process of moving on and healing from your injuries.

You need to finda good attorney